Langon provides clients with comprehensive representation in all areas of Antitrust law.
General Antitrust Counseling
Langon can guide clients of any size through the complexities of the antitrust laws in Colombia. We take a practical approach to our counseling services and are always focused on tailoring business decisions to minimize liability and protect the bottom line. Our Antitrust practice handles all types of antitrust issues including:
- •price restrictions;
- •joint purchasing agreements;
- •exchange of price information;
- •resale price issues;
- •promotions and coordinated advertising;
- •monopolization analysis;
- •product design and new product introduction;
- •predatory and exploitative pricing issues;
- •government standard setting;
- •licensing restrictions; and
- •coordination with competitors.
Consumer Protection and Advertising
Our attorneys provide counseling to all types of clients with respect to privacy, advertising, and consumer protection issues. Langon has significant experience in a variety of matters including:
- •endorsements and testimonials;
- •pricing claims;
- •origin of products;
- •false disparagement;
- •television advertising;
- •identity theft;
- •internet fraud;
- •consumer protection enforcement; and
- •labeling regulations.
In conjunction with our Business Law practice, Langon provides clients with unparalleled antitrust advice throughout the entire contract negotiation process. Our attorneys can handle the antitrust aspects of any proposed agreement involving:
- •joint ventures;
- •sales contracts;
- •agreements involving competitors;
- •asset acquisitions; and
- •capital acquisitions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
We have extensive experience securing merger approval from the US Federal Trade Commission and can coordinate merger approval from the European Commission and other competition authorities around the world, including Colombia, for transactions in a wide variety of industries. Our attorneys will work with you to handle every step of the approval process including:
- •structuring the transaction;
- •managing a comprehensive strategy to avoid gun-jumping;
- •conducting an effective due diligence review;
- •facilitating information exchange between parties; and
- •preparing and filing pre-merger notification materials pursuant to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.