1. BUSINESS HOURS: Our standard business hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm local time, excluding local bank holidays. Note that we often reply to emails and phone calls after our office is closed but our employees are not required to do so unless you have requested Rush Service (see below).
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Note that all our service offerings are subject to our Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to review these carefully prior to engaging our services.
3. INVOICING AN BILLING:
a. Estimates: Prior to starting a new project we typically issue our clients and potential clients a formal Estimate(s) that covers (i) our service fees for the requested services; (ii) third party costs (example: photocopying expenses, delivery charges, etc…); and (ii) third party fees to be paid to third party vendors, government agencies and other third parties (example: local notaries, the Chamber of Commerce, etc…). When you make a payment to us based on an Estimate we treat funds received as deposits that we can draw from as needed.
b. Invoices: Once we complete your project we will issue you a formal Invoice(s) that itemizes the service fees we charged you for the requested services and any third party costs and fees incurred. You can review all Estimates, Invoices, as well as receipts for any third party costs and fees in our online system that you can access at your convenience.
4. PAYMENT OPTIONS (in order of least expensive option):
a. Bank Deposit in Colombia: A direct deposit into our bank account in Colombia is usually the most cost-effective way to fund us as there are no transaction fees involved.
b. Domestic Transfer to our Bank Account in Colombia: A transfer of funds from your Colombian financial institution to our Colombian bank account is also very cost-effective. Note that your financial institution may charge you a fee to make a transfer to our account.
c. Cash Pickup: We currently offer our clients the option to pay our courier in Medellin directly. Note that we charge a small transaction fee to offset courier expenses.
d. Bank Deposit in the US: Just go to any Citibank and make a deposit directly into our attorney trust account in New York City. There are no third-party fees involved in making a bank deposit. However, note that we normally assess a US$30 processing fee to any payment made outside of Colombia for services performed in Colombia (see “Payments Made Outside of Colombia” for more information).
e. Transfer to our US Account: Note that your financial institution may charge you a fee to make a transfer to our attorney trust account. In addition, please note that we normally assess a US$30 processing fee to any payment made outside of Colombia for services performed in Colombia (see “Payments Made Outside of Colombia” for more information).
f. Credit Card: We can send you a request for payment via email. Keep in mind that we currently use PayPal to process credit card payments. This means that your Estimate may include expected payment processing fees of approximately 4% or more. In addition, please note that we normally assess a US$30 processing fee to any payment made outside of Colombia for services performed in Colombia (see “Payments Made Outside of Colombia” for more information).
5. PAYMENTS MADE OUTSIDE OF COLOMBIA: When we receive funds outside of Colombia we will need to transfer those funds to Colombia for accounting reasons. As you may know, any time you make an international wire transfer the financial institution that processes that transfer will charge (i) a commission fee and (ii) assess a transfer fee based on a spread between the then existing currency exchange rates. This means that the total value of the funds you send us outside of Colombia will be lower (and often, significantly lower) when we eventually transfer those funds to Colombia. This is why we charge a US$30 processing fee on all payments made outside of Colombia.
6. RUSH SERVICE: Occasionally, clients require immediate assistance and/or face a specific deadline. We offer our clients a Rush Service that guarantees 24-hour turn-around times for specific deliverables and access to our lawyers and employees outside of normal business hours. Please note that purchasing our Rush Service does not mean that you can expect our lawyers and employees to work or respond to requests 24 hours a day; essentially, if you pay for our Rush Service we will prioritize your project over any other clients requiring the same service and respond to your requests as soon as possible.
7. REFUNDS: You may request a refund of any funds remaining in your retainer at any time. If you request a refund we will transfer remaining funds to the account of your choice less (i) funds paid to us for services provided by Langon Law Group LLC, Langon Colombia SAS and/or its affiliates through the date the refund was requested; (ii) fees paid to third-parties through the date the refund was requested; (iii) fees paid to third parties (including public entities) through the date the refund was requested; and/or (iv) any transaction costs charged by third-parties that process the refund.
8. RELIANCE ON THIRD PARTIES: In the course of providing our services to you we may need to rely on third party service providers, government agencies and third parties (example: courier services, notaries, the Chamber of Commerce, etc…). We do not control these third parties and have no way to guarantee that they will act within a specific timeline. In addition, the procedures and fees of public entities are outside our control and subject to change without prior notice. We do not accept responsibility for any changes in procedures or fees and reserve the right to pass on any increased fees since the date that we issue a formal Estimate.
9. CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES: While we strive to provide excellent customer service, no company or employee is perfect. If you believe that we have failed to provide excellent customer service please contact us directly at [email protected] Please include a summary of the issue in question and identify our personnel involved. We will reply to your email within 2 business days of receipt.
10. CLIENT BEHAVIOR: We have found that the vast majority of customer service issues result from miscommunication and misunderstandings that can be easily rectified, provided the parties are patient and are willing to discuss issues constructively. Unfortunately, we occasionally deal with clients and potential clients that are unreasonable and even abusive. Please note that we reserve the right to terminate our representation of you at any time and for any reason.