Langon can help you navigate the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to any startup venture in Colombia. We have extensive experience in the following areas of law:
- •Business Formation: forming business entities including sole proprietorships, sole proprietorship companies, foreign company branch entities, “Sociedades por Acciones Simplificadas” (S.A.S), “Sociedades Anonimas” (S.A.), partnerships, joint ventures, etc…;
- •Corporate Governance: drafting key corporate documentation including “estatutos” (the equivalent of company Bylaws/ Operating Agreements), and board resolutions as well as organizing and managing Board of Directors and shareholder meetings
- •Regulatory Approvals: identifying required licenses and permits applicable to your business including national, departmental and local tax filings, business licenses, and industry-specific obligations;
- •Protecting IP: processing initial patents, trademarks and copyrights and developing a long-term strategy to protect your intellectual property portfolio; and
- •Capital/Debt Acquisition: developing industry-specific and cross-border capital acquisition strategies including managing investments by “friends and family,” organizing Regulation D private placement offerings (US), as well as initial public offerings.