Foreign clients can establish a variety of trust structures under Colombian law to protect their assets, transfer property to specific institutions and individuals and minimize overall tax obligations.
From civil trusts (“fideicomisos civiles”) and fiduciary trusts (“fiducias mercantiles”) to revocable and irrevocable trusts (“fiducias revocables e irrevocables”) our Family Law Practice Group can help you structure a trust that is right for you.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
Download our brochure
For our Monthly Legal Bulletin
- choosing a fiduciary;
- drafting a trust consistent with local law;
- managing execution of a trust consistent with local law;
- administration of civil trusts;
- ongoing counseling of fiduciary;
- fiduciary income tax issues;
- coordination and negotiation of terms of trust with financial institutions; and
- managing any mediation, arbitration or possible litigation where terms of trust of underlying assets are contested.